Surgo is seeking the next generation of motivated, intelligent, creative and resourceful individuals to join our Marketing Rotational Program. Our ideal candidate is an excellent writer with an interest in all things digital – traffic analysis, ecommerce trends, SEO, website optimizations, and much more.
We will provide you with training and opportunities that will keep you ahead of cutting edge advances and technological revolutions. In turn, we will cater your internship program to your strengths in order to provide the most beneficial experience for both the interns and the company. As interns demonstrate their competency and potential, more responsibilities will be added – including client work.
During your internship, we implement a rotational team initiative to ensure that you gain exposure to the different work and teams. Surgo provide comprehensive onboarding, giving you all of the information needed to excel in your position. Rock star interns are highly considered for full-time offers.
Rising senior or recent graduates preferred. Knowledge of WordPress, Google Adwords, Facebook Insights, Social Media platforms and tools is a big plus! Note, this is a New York City internship opportunity, no remote positions available at this time.
- Blogging: Write compelling content spanning across multiple industries. Master the entire content marketing process: from keyword research, to writing and editing, to graphic generation to search engine optimization. (30%)
- Digital Marketing: Assist with new and ongoing client initiatives to improve online visibility and conversions (30%)
- Brainstorm new strategies to improve website functionality and features
- Connect with influencers and b2b services for client placement and product reviews
- Report on clients’ search engine results and advertising performance metrics
- Gain exposure to best practice industry tools and online platforms
- Market Research: Collaborate with senior team members to provide analytical reports on varying industries like ecommerce, retail, healthcare, technology, hospitality (30%)
- Social Media: Assist with social media analysis and content production (5%)
- Operations: Work closely with the Corporate Relations to assist with event planning and administrative tasks (5%)
- Work in a progressive atmosphere – casual dress code, open floor plan, playful office dog
- Enjoy Summer Fridays – Surgo offers a flex schedule on Fridays after 2PM between 5/25-8/31.
- Join company sponsored work outings in New York City to bond with coworkers
- Sleep in before work and explore the city afterward – office hours are from 10:00am to 6:00pm
- Report directly to two Penn State grads who are as interested in your growth as you are!