As a member of the Network team, you will be deeply involved in our mission to continue the evolution of Surgo’s network services to prepare us for the known and unknown demands. You’ll spearhead network deployment, support and service improvement around our continued growth in this critical part of the world.
- Support our Networking infrastructure in our New York headquarters and remote offices.
- Perform the installation, support and maintenance of computer hardware and software. This would include, but not be limited to: applying updates and fixes, password administration, making network connections, providing network and systems access, establishing and restricting user rights, etc.
- Collaborate with fellow engineers on deploying resilient and scalable network architecture with minimal downtime.
- Deploy and scale network infrastructure with minimal downtime.
- Identify the need for changes regarding procedures that relates to the integration of computers, software, and workflow in support of systems.
- Review and onboard new technologies, ideas and processes
What You Need for this Position
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite application
- Basic experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS)
- Experience with cloud hosting services (e.g. AWS or GCE) with regards to network peering, performance tuning and perimeter security.
- Experience in an IT Systems Admin, Engineering, or Technical Support role
- Functional understanding of networking; routing, switching, firewalls, load balancers, proxy services, protocols and secure communications using SSL/TLS
- Functional understanding of storage infrastructures
And even better
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related major.
- Experience working as part of an enterprise development team.
- Experience working as a Front End or Backend developer
- Experience developing custom scripts or tools used for vulnerability scanning and identification.
- Some experience with data science and statistics